Solar panels are devices used to convert the energy and light from the Sun to the electricity we consume.
The energy from the sun is composed of various particles like photons which are transferred by the solar panels into consumable electrical energy.
The use of solar energy has been observed to be for a very long period of time. The discovery of the photovoltaic effect escalated the popularity and usage of solar power.
Solar panels are used in various different applications. They are starting from basic remote power systems to providing electricity in residential and commercial places.
Solar panels on the initial pieces collect renewable energy in the form of Sunlight and convert that into electricity.
Solar panels are made up of solar cells which are made up of layers of Silicon Phosphorus borons.
Therefore the solar panels absorb the photons and then transform them into an electrical current.
The transformation takes place when the photons strike the surface of the solar panel and the electrons are knocked out of their atomic orbits and released into an electrical field generated by the solar cells pulling the free electrons into a directional current.
This transformation process is known as the photovoltaic effect.
There are different types of solar panels available in the market. Through this article, we will observe and analyze the 200W monocrystalline solar panels.
Monocrystalline Solar Panel: Analysis
The monocrystalline solar panel is a kind of solar panel which is made up of only monocrystalline solar cells.
These kinds of silicon are basically cylindrical silicon ingots grown from a single crystal of silicon.
They are manufactured in high purity in the same way as a semiconductor. The cylindrical ingots are thereby sliced into wafers forming cells.
However at times to increase the utility of the cells the circular wafer is wire cut into an octagonal-shaped wafer.
The monocrystalline solar panel starts to work when it absorbs the sunlight through its cells and thereby creates a complicated electrical field around it.
This electrical field contains voltage and current and therefore it can generate power. Now this power can be only used to run those applications which use direct current.
However to use this power to run applications that use alternating current one has to take the help of an inverter.
Certain features of monocrystalline solar panels are:
- The cell content in the monocrystalline solar panel has a pyramid pattern. Its pyramid pattern helps in operating a larger surface area therefore the monocrystalline solar panel can collect more energy from the Sun rays.
- The utmost top layer of the surface of the monocrystalline solar panel is diffused with phosphorus. Phosphorus helps in creating an orientation that is electrically negative as compared to the bottom which has a positive electrical orientation. The positive and negative electrical orientation at the top and the bottom eventually creates an electrical field.
- In monocrystalline solar panels, there are chances of reflection. Therefore to reduce it and increase absorption the cells in the monocrystalline solar panel are coated with silicon nitride.
- The electricity which is generated by the monocrystalline solar panel is collected through metal conductors printed onto the cells.
- Monocrystalline solar cells have a very high efficiency of converting solar energy into electrical energy.
- It is claimed that mono crystalline solar panels have a life period of 30 years.
- The mono crystalline solar panels showcase very high heat resistance.
200 Watt Solar Panel | High-efficiency 12v Monocrystalline- Detailed Analysis
This monocrystalline solar panel is very popular in the market today. Let us see this solar panel’s specifications, features, etc. This 200W monocrystalline solar panel is claimed to be 19.98% efficient.
It is priced at $239. This 200-watt monocrystalline solar panel is very reasonable in today’s market.
It can be used to power a camper or RV or marine or boat or camping or traffic signals and many other appliances whenever they are out of the grid.
As these solar panels are made out of a single crystal they may become a solid and reliable source of electricity.
This 200-wats 12-volt mono crystalline high-efficiency solar panel is ideal for running various applications whenever they are away from the grid.
Features and Specifications of This 200w Monocrystalline Solar Panel
The features and specifications are:
- This monocrystalline solar panel has 5 buss bar solar cell configuration
- It has claimed to have a mono PERC Technology providing 19.98% Efficiency
- It is a lightweight anodized aluminum frame
- It has high transmission, AR (anti-reflective) Coated Tempered Glass, therefore will absorb more sunlight and generate more electricity.
- It also includes plug and plays junction box
- It has industry-standard quick connect cables (PV) work in series or in parallel
- It is certified to withstand challenging environmental conditions
- It has an excellent low light performance on cloudy days, mornings, and evenings
- The maximum Power(Pmax) provided is 200W
- The maximum Power Voltage(Vmp) generated is 20.4V
- Maximum Power Current(Imp): 9.80A
- Open Circuit Voltage(Voc): 24.3V
- Short Circuit Current(Isc): 10.2A
- Maximum System Voltage(Vmax): 1000VDC
- Temperature Range: -40°C ~ 90°C
- Max Series Fuse Rating: 15A
- Weight: 26.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 58.7 x 26.8 x 1.4 in
How to Install This 200w Monocrystalline Solar Panel?
The installation process of this monocrystalline solar panel is quite similar to any other installation of solar panels.
The device is designed in such a way that there will be easy installation and it can be handled easily for various applications like high-end off-the-grid and mobile applications.
The Solar Panel already has pre-drilled holes which are compatible with ground mounts, Z brackets, pole mounts, and tilt mounts, it is also compatible with on-grid and off-grid inverters.
The 200W monocrystalline solar panel is reasonable and provides lots of features, one can definitely buy this.