Types of Screws – A screw is used to hold two things together in different cases and wide types of screws to buy at various lengths and styles according to the needs.
It becomes quite simple to install with help of the right tools such as a screwdriver and hammers.
It is in the form of fat, long and thin, so you must know what type of screw exactly meets your needs before going to spend the money on it.
Before going to explain the various types of screws, you must know a few things about the screws, so it always helps to pick the best in the market.
- 1 Types of Screws Decking Screws:
- 2 2. Pan Head Screws:
- 3 3. Hex Cap Screws:
- 4 4. Carriage Bolts:
- 5 5. Types of Screws SLag bolts:
- 6 6. Hammer Drive Screws:
- 7 7. Square Head Bolts:
- 8 8. Socket Head Cap Screw:
- 9 9. Oval Head Screws:
- 10 10. Wood Screws:
- 11 11. Sheet Metal Screws:
- 12 12. Thread Rolling Screws:
- 13 13. Socket Screw Heads:
- 14 14. Set Screw:
- 15 16. Slotted Cheese Screws:
- 16 17. Fillister Head Screws:
- 17 18. Drywall Screws:
- 18 19. Masonry Screws:
- 19 20. Machine Srews:
- 20 21. Modified Truss Screws:
- 21 22. Wash Faces Screws:
- 22 23. Thread Cut Machine Screws:
- 23 24. Self-drilling Screw:
- 24 25. Framing Screws:
- 25 26. Tamper Resistance Screws:
- 26 27. Sex Bolt:
- 27 28. Eyebolts:
- 28 29. J- Bolts:
- 29 30. U bolt:
- 30 31. Shoulder Bolts:
- 31 32. Elevator Bolts:
- 32 33. Hanger Bolts:
- 33 34. Self Tapping Screw:
- 34 Conclusion:
Types of Screws Decking Screws:
It is made with help of rust material like stainless steel and well manufactures to hold wooden and other board to wood or metal.
It is designed with various widths and lengths to choose from in the market. This type of screw is highly suitable for t decking board to different frames
- It is used for fastening wood to frames
- It never needs to pre dilled hole to use
- Ducking screw is commonly used for the exterior fence as well as building applications.
2. Pan Head Screws:
It is designed in the form of flatheads and is highly used for the common metal application.
Some machine screws are the same as the rounder oval head, but the pan head screw is always in the flathead.
Even it is available in the slotted head along with the single cut which assists to screw over the metal with a suitable screwdriver.
- It is used from timber to metal
- Its manufactured with strong material to use with no risk
- Pan Head screws are highly used in automobile companies.
3. Hex Cap Screws:
It is in the form of large size bolts along with a hexagonal head. Commonly, it is used in both wood and metal to wood and has tiny steel threads which become an ideal choice for a home development project.
It is available to buy in various sizes according to your needs in the market at the right price.
- It is suitable for the exterior task
- It gives greater application
- It has a flat washer below the screw to hold much tight.
4. Carriage Bolts:
If you are searching for the best bolts to woodworking, obsessively, it stands as the first option for everyone. It is built with a domed head which helps to loosen and a large head helps to be pulled via a wooden construction.
It is not suitable to install with the help of the drill adaptors.
- It is highly suitable for metal application
- It gives an aesthetic appeal with a rounded head
- This screw provides a great finish for installing in various application
5. Types of Screws SLag bolts:
It is built with a hexagonal head and specially manufactures with help of high-impact applications.
This type of screw is commonly used in desk and sidewalls. It is built durable and stronger so you use it for a longer time. It is made with carbon steel which helps to protect from rust.
- It is applicable to use for the outdoor area
- It is used to link large lumber and also heavy materials.
- It can use as sheet metal screws
6. Hammer Drive Screws:
It is one of the self-tapping screws which hold unsolicited round heads. It is a complete rush-proofing tubular structure and it is simply driven into the hole with help of the hammer and other hard material.
It is made with durable support at all times to use. It required a small amount of pre drill required to install with no risk.
- It is used for attaching signs and another name plate in the home
- It is an ideal option for wall sings
- It quite simple to install with a hammer
7. Square Head Bolts:
This screw same as to hexagonal cap but it has only 4 sides squared heard. With help of the 4 side’s squared head, it enables wrench grip for better screwing at all times. It is specially designed to give additional grip.
- It used for aesthetic purpose
- It is quite simple to make use of in all areas
- This screw is used in outdoor uses and also in the garage.
- It used to get additional wrench grip
8. Socket Head Cap Screw:
This cap screw is commonly designed for tight space and is built with both wrench and cylindrical features to meet all want of application.
This type of screw is highly used in the automotive industry, and mining machinery. It is durable and high strength to use with no trouble of it.
- It used for major application
- This screw utilized for the weight reduction on the various part
- It needs very less space when come to install
9. Oval Head Screws:
It is out to access in an undercut and also in the form of trim heads. Oval screw with more shallow countersink and built with aesthetically pleasing rounded finish over the top of the screw.
It becomes the best choice for the finished product with a great look. It made with help of the strong and durable
- It is the ideal choice in a marine application
- This screw delivers a better look at all time
- It is widely used in catering application
10. Wood Screws:
It is designed with a threaded shaft which is simple to link wood. It has various thread times and out to access in various head options. It is in the form of a flat and round head to use for different applications.
This product can fasten with a screwdriver simply. It is available to buy in the option of brash to make them more durable to use for a long time.
- It used to attach a large material to wood material
- It used for hinges
- It is made with help of the stainless steel
11. Sheet Metal Screws:
It is designed to connect two different metal sheets. In the market, you come across a wide range of the head to choose such flat, round, hex. It is manufactured with help of the pure steel and well-proof coating stainless steel.
As a result, it gets the best output to use for a longer time without any rust.
- It is commonly used for the welding companies
- This screw is simply used to connect both sheets
- It is suitable for the various application
12. Thread Rolling Screws:
In this screw, there are threads via exerting pressure over the material wall. It is built with double lead thread which assists to give additional grip and make sure well pullout power.
Even it supports material from major damages and it quite simple to use into the pre-drilled hole over the object and other material.
- It utilizes over the softer material such as plastic, nylon, and wood
- It used to avoid damages
- It is out to access in various sizes and lengths.
13. Socket Screw Heads:
If you want to have a fastener to sit over the material, here the socket head screw becomes the right option with no trouble.
It is made with highly durable and strong material which assists to use for a long time with no damage. It is built with resistance to corrosion which never gets rust on use over the outdoor location.
- It utilizes in an outdoor location
- It is highly simple uses over major application
- This screw is available to buy at the various sizes of thread options.
14. Set Screw:
It is well secured to use over different applications. It is completely threaded without any head part. It required enough amounts of tools to tighten the overall object with no risk of it.
Common set screws are made with alloy material which reduces overall maintenance
- This type of screw is used to fasten a given things
- It used to secure pulley and shaft
- It used in a very simple application
- It can be used to reduce the overall surface of the object
15. Types of Screws – Welds Screws:
It is completely welded to an aluminum surface which helps to create a shaft for various types of components. This screw never needs pre hole which can simply be installed in a very short time.
It is out to buy in various sizes according to usage and built with duty to use for long-lasting at all time.
- It is used as a nut and washer.
- It is widely used in automotive, marine, cookware
- It is a better option for fatigue load and vibration.
16. Slotted Cheese Screws:
It’s manufactured with help of stainless steel and in the form of a round raised head.
The height is equal to half of the head which becomes more comfortable to screw in very simple and gives more grip to install.
It is fully rust and corrosion-free to use. It is amiable to buy at a major hardware store according to the need of length. The cost of the screw is quite reasonable to access at all times.
- This screw is highly used as industrial, automotive lighting application
- It uses an underwater project
- This screw is quite simple to
- It is lightweight to make use of with no trouble.
17. Fillister Head Screws:
It is the same as a pan head screw and it is well slotted with a fastener at all times.
The main head of the screw is well-preferred from counter bored holes.
It is always called a cheese head screw and has a slightly convex top that supports major people install in various applications. When compare height to diameter ratio is larger than the cheese head.
- It used to link metal along with wood.
- It is rarely used for new specs work
- This screw is highly used for different application such as home and other places
18. Drywall Screws:
These screws are standard fasteners to secure partial drywall to a wall. It is out in the for two types such as coarse and fine. When comes to coarse which use for the common wood and it gives additional gripping.
It is designed with additional sharp to drill much easier. Fine is self-threading which becomes perfect for metal studs. It is out to buy with different size and capacity in the market.
- It is common used for woodworking
- It is quite simple to drill without having drilling tools.
- Though it is rust free it can be used for outdoor areas
19. Masonry Screws:
It is one of the highest welcome screws in the market due to its all kind of head design. Both flat and pan-style are flush to part of the surface which makes look nicer.
If you go with the slotted hex head which simple to drive into the wish area due to its low threading design support.
- It used to link with stone and other concrete.
- It has high-pressure strength
- It is completely corrosion coating which used in both indoor and outdoor usage
20. Machine Srews:
In the market, you find such screws in various materials such as brass, carbon steel, and stainless steel. Therefore you must pick according to your needs at all time.
It has a blunt end which assists to link the metal parts to each other. On the other hand, it used to clam various machine parts without any trouble of it.
Apart from that, it is out to access at various price ranges so it becomes more comfortable to buy according to your needs.
- It is commonly designed to use to hold part of various machine
- It is used in electronic and other engineering products.
- It used for fastening metal
21. Modified Truss Screws:
It is one highly welcome screw built with self-tapping. It has a round washer head. It has a larger head that bears surface area for fastening metal. It has a low profile which assures to install simply.
It is out to buy in different sizes and styles so it becomes more comfortable for the user to buy from the market. It is made with strong material that withstands for a longer time.
- It is used in different industries such as HVAC and woodworking
- It used to attach the AC ductwork part
- It used over the metal surface
22. Wash Faces Screws:
It is out with several types of washers which act as spring to mimesis overall distance among the head of the nut to the respective bolt. It built with teeth which give proper penetrate in the lock surface at all time.
It is also called shaker proof. Over the market, you can find out the variety of sizes to pick according to your needs. Here it has strong and durable support at all times.
- It helps to fix the basin
- It used in conjunction with proper faster
- It used as a makeup wipe
23. Thread Cut Machine Screws:
It has larger production due to heavy need in the market. It cuts down the overall creation of internal stress over the device. It is designed with a sharp edge which is simpler to have depth at all long time.
It will reduce different material which traps inside the device. It is made with stiff material which obtains a special welcome to make use with no risk and trouble of it.
- It used for different application
- It made with strong material which assists to get a greater support
- It installs to get an additional grip on both materials.
24. Self-drilling Screw:
It is specially designed to screw directly without have any pre-drilling hole on the surface. In the market, you come across a wide range of choices to pick the best size and length.
It can drill with help of the screwdriver in all circumstances so it obtains a special welcome in the market when you compare it with another type of material.
At the same time, it has not pointy tips all screw so you can pick according to the want in the market.
- It uses a fastening purpose
- It can simply be used to drill steel to other metals
- It used to join both metal sheets
25. Framing Screws:
It is designed with a countersink that supports from hardwood flooring to the other brittle composite.
It has teeth below the head and has 6 cutting pockets. It is too same as the circular saw blades and it gives additional strength to use at all locations.
This screw can be sealed without any risk and damage to the material. When you come to buy such a screw in the market, you must make the sure need and size of the screw which helps to pick the best option at all time.
- It has high strength support to the user in different application
- It is quite easy to screw in various materials
- It is out with different size to choose from without any risk
26. Tamper Resistance Screws:
It is distinguished by the different unconventional drive and it help of the tampering lot of hard task.
It is out with various lengths to buy at all-time in the market and it required a suitable tool to install such a screw without any damages.
- It is widely used in buildings and other outdoor areas.
- It used to secure overall material such as grill bar, car and much more
27. Sex Bolt:
If you come to know about the sex screw which is the same as mating screwing? Apart from that, it is called a inters crew’s panel fastener.
It is a type of the nut which is in the form of the barrel-shaped flange which gives additional tight to install on various application.
It accompanies screws sit on each side of the surface to get additional securing. It is out to buy at all prices without meeting any trouble with it.
- it helps to use high tight
- It is built with slot features which help to get enough support.
- It used in different applications in modern-day
It is one of the common bolts that are highly preferred by both industries and also house owners. When you come to install which need a special person to handle else it will hard to install the object exactly.
It is filled with threaded shank and ring at another end method so you must pick as per the wants. It can be used to lift an object with eyes on it.
- it is commonly used to lifting and pull material
- In the house, it used for hanging bolts and other decoration items
- Stainless steel eye bolts are used for a welding company
29. J- Bolts:
The names themselves show that the bolt is in the form of the J shape and it is well threaded on each flat side. It is out to buy at a longer size in the market so you go with wish size as per the needs.
On the other hand, it can use as threaded using a hook and result it gives additional support at all times.
Over the market, you find out the best length to access in the market and it is highly durable to use for long with greater performance.
- It is widely used in construction applications.
- This j screw give additional support
- It can be used in concrete for anchor fasteners
30. U bolt:
This type of screw is commonly used for industrial purposes and is designed in the form of the U shape. It has legs and arms which screw on each end and have a washer to fix tight on any objects insider the screw.
It is made with help of the high-quality material so it becomes highly durable to make use of without any risk of it.
- It is used in pre-drilled areas
- It is commonly used for industrial, construction
- This screw can use with the crosspiece of any object
- It is user friendly to install on various application
31. Shoulder Bolts:
In the market, there are several leading companies deliver wish shoulder bolts that are not easy for the customer to pick the best option. Here these bolts are out to buy in different sizes and lengths.
It is built with head, shoulder and at the end it has threading. It is highly welcome due to these features and versatility. It has stronger and more durable support to use for a longer time with no risk of it.
- It can be used for wooden furniture
- It can use for pulleys and linkages.
- This bolt is often used in the exterior type of wooden structures.
32. Elevator Bolts:
These bolts rule the major part of the application and it manufactures with the right hand so you can choose the longer length which is fully threaded.
You can measure the length of the screw from the starting to end of the bolt. You can countersink flat and also in the form of the square next below the head part.
- It used to secure a different type of wood and other furniture
- It is used in skateboards and also snowmobiles.
- It is simple to use in different application
- This screw is suitable for outdoor and indoor areas.
33. Hanger Bolts:
It is in the form of a headless screw and is a single side hanger bolt. Sometimes, it is called a self-tapping screw into the wood.
This screw is famous for shutter application and used to make furniture and flooring joints at every time. You can place an order over the company as per the want of the company so it becomes more comfortable at all times.
- It is highly used on the wood application to deliver external thread.
- It is often used as coupling nuts and used hanger bolts.
- It assures to be high safer to use for various location.
34. Self Tapping Screw:
Self taping screw has its own thread and it required to drill and installed the screw in simple manner. When you drilled in the areas which make softer to screw them.
This self taping will dig automatically when you turned into the wood and it remains safer.
- It has sharp edge which is highly used for wooden works
- This screw can use in different type of material
- It is best to use in wood.
From above, I had shared various types of screws along with their uses. Hence it becomes more comfortable to collect and pick wish screws according to your needs and usage.
Almost all the screws remain in an important place in the current industries and other applications. Therefore you can get good ideas from it.
Each screw has its usage so it becomes more comfortable for the customer to get the best advice.