There’s no denying that Pinterest is one of the best ways to add creativity and flair to your home.
Creating a beautiful and functional space is now more important than mere decorating ideas.
And one of the most important things you can do to make your space perfect for Pinterest is to emphasize the little things, such as mirrors and pillows, to make the biggest impact possible on your home decor.
If you’re looking for inspiration or want to learn tips for creating a Pinterest-perfect home (and office!), continue reading.
- 1 Choose an Eye-catching Mirror.
- 2 Use Velvet as an Accent in Small Doses.
- 3 Accentuate Your Space With Metal Accents.
- 4 Add a Pop of Color With Some Pillows.
- 5 Go Green With Plants and Flowers.
- 6 Mix Textures and Patterns.
- 7 Use Gallery Walls to Make the Most of Your Space.
- 8 Accents Matter More Than Anything in Creating the Perfect Pinterest Décor
Choose an Eye-catching Mirror.
Make sure it’s large enough to make an impression but not so large that it takes up too much space in your home.
An extra-large mirror can serve many purposes:
- It will reflect a room’s light, adding dimension and interest to the space.
- It can create the illusion of more space by reflecting more light into smaller rooms.
- It can make a room appear larger than it is.
Consider the style of the mirror you’ll put in your space, whether round, rustic, arched or irregular-shaped.
Think about the look you want to achieve.
Use Velvet as an Accent in Small Doses.
Adding velvet to your home is a fantastic way to bring texture and color into the space.
It also gives the appearance of luxury throughout your home.
However, velvet should only be used in modest amounts to ensure that the material does not dominate the space with its presence.
Accentuate Your Space With Metal Accents.
Using metal accents is a fantastic way to add visual interest and texture to a space. Shine, color, or dimension can all be accomplished with their help.
Because metal can reflect light in all directions, it is ideal for adding additional brightness and visual interest to a space or simply for giving the impression that the space has been polished.
- Use metal accents as an accent throughout your home: You don’t need much for them to stand out! Placing one item on top of another will make all the difference when it comes down to making a room look cohesive instead of scattered or chaotic (like if you were trying out different shades of paint). For example, a metal table with an elegant lamp next door would create a beautiful focal point while still having plenty of life left over in other areas within its proximity—such as those behind it or around its edges.
Add a Pop of Color With Some Pillows.
Pillows are a great way to add color and pattern to any room.
Pillows can add texture and design to your space by using different materials or fabrics, as well as in combination with other elements.
For example, if you have a primarily white area (such as an accent wall), adding pillows with bright colors that contrast against it will make the room feel more energized—and maybe even give it some personality!
Go Green With Plants and Flowers.
You can add a ton of color and life to your space with plants and flowers.
Whether you have a small apartment or a large house, plenty of options will allow you to make the most out of your existing space.
Many types of plants (and flowers) are available; however, they all have one thing in common: they’re green!
So if you’re looking for ways to bring some greenery into your home without having any real work done on it (like repainting), consider using some plant life instead!
Mix Textures and Patterns.
Mix textures and patterns. When creating a Pinterest-worthy room, mixing up the textures in your home is important.
For example, if you have something that looks like wood on your wall, but it’s concrete or stone, then you can use this as inspiration to create an eclectic look with various hardwood tones throughout the space.
The same goes for patterned materials: If you have an area rug with a bold geometric pattern on it (like a checkerboard), try pairing it with other items (like pillows) that feature similar geometric designs—this way, they’ll work together harmoniously!
Use Gallery Walls to Make the Most of Your Space.
A gallery wall is a great way to showcase your favorite pieces. You can use a neutral background, like white or off-white, and create a variety of shapes and sizes to make each piece stand out.
You can also use different colors and materials to create some added visual interest. For example:
- Frames in different shapes and sizes are perfect for showcasing artworks that are small enough for display on the wall but large enough for people to see when they walk into your home
Accents Matter More Than Anything in Creating the Perfect Pinterest Décor
Accents are the best way to add interest, texture, and color to your room. For example, a bold accent wall will draw attention away from the rest of the furniture in your home.
A pop of color in an otherwise neutral space can give your Pinterest-perfect home some personality and make it feel more lived-in.
And don’t forget about accessories! You might have some very expensive pieces that you love but don’t want on display all the time; instead, use them as special features in certain rooms—like this idea:
- Use mirrors as windows into other rooms by hanging one above a fireplace mantel or over an entryway table
This will make them seem bigger than they are!
Pinterest is all about having fun, so we hope this guide has given you inspiration for your next DIY project! If you’re looking for more ways to decorate your home and make it look like something out of Pinterest, check out our other posts on the topic. We know that creating a Pinterest-perfect home isn’t always easy, but if it’s important enough for you, then we’re sure there are some tips here that will help get you there.