Every home owns one or more carpets that spread warmth in the room. Having a carpet adds to the style and comfort of the home.
A good carpet additionally provides safety by providing the cushioning and making the floor non-slippery.
As it has the quality of holding the allergens, dust and pollen, it improves the air quality of the room. Thus it becomes all the more important to deep clean the carpet as it can otherwise cause health issues.
In other words, if a normal condition can be consistently maintained, it can act as a passive air purifier.
As compared to cleaning and maintaining the hard surfaces, the carpets are comparatively easy to maintain and hence reduces the cost of maintenance.
Carpet Cleaning Tips:
As mentioned above, while it is always healthy and cozy to have carpets, it is also necessary to make sure that they are cleaned thoroughly on a regular basis.
A few of the tips mentioned below will help you understand how to maintain and clean the same by using the best carpet cleaning products.
- It is advised to get the cleaning done by the certified service provider for the first time.
- Set a vacuuming schedule to ensure that the cleaning is done on the regular basis.
- For the ease and effectiveness of the cleanliness, an upright vacuum cleaner with a seal of approval certificate should be used. The suction control based on the type of carpet is important to keep in mind.
- Any spills or spots need immediate attention. The delay in cleaning the same may damage the carpet as it becomes more prone to resoiling.
- Get the deep cleaning done by professionals every 9 to 12 months.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure the minimum dust enters the house. Use mats outside the door, remove your shoes when entering the house.
Methods Of Cleaning The Carpet:
Depending upon the type of carpet and the cleaning instructions mentioned, you can use one of the following methods to clean your carpet.
- If your carpet is small and the label says “machine washable”, shake the carpet outside and then wash it in the machine with mild detergent and recommended temperature.
- Medium-sized and easy to pick carpets can be cleaned by shaking them outside and then beating it gently. Subsequently, vacuum it for the best result.
- If the label says “dry clean”, carpet should be vacuumed on a regular basis. It should be dry cleaned by the professionals every six to eight months.
- The best way to clean the carpet is to start from the center and move towards the fringes using the gentle suction of the vacuum.
How To Deal With Stubborn Stains:
Besides basic cleaning techniques, there are some stubborn stains that need to be dealt in a special way. First and foremost is to clean them immediately. Some of the toughest stains to remove are:
- Cooking Oil Stains: Enzyme-based liquids and warm water can remove this stubborn stain.
- Coffee Or Tea Stains: Special coffee/tea removal bleach is readily available in the stores.
- Pet Stains: As pet pee is acidic, steam cleaning can help remove the stains and the bad smell.
- Coloured Drinks Stains: Beverages with food colour like red wine, orange pop leave a stubborn stain. A dye remover and steam cleaning can help remove such stains.
- Nail Polish Stains: Though very tough to remove, use of solvents can reduce the stain.
Finally, a DIY tip to clean the carpet: Apply a mixture of ammonia and water with a damp rag and let the carpet dry.
As a precautionary measure, one should first test this on the unseen area of the carpet to ensure that ammonia does not react with the fabric.
A combination of cleaning the carpet as per the set schedule and taking professional’s help at regular intervals will give the best results.
To enhance the beauty and the life of the carpet, it is necessary that you take good care of the carpet by using the best carpet cleaning solutions as mentioned above.