The wall decorations, the art as a whole, but also your family photos are similar to the stylistic icing on the cake that is your home.
Wall art catches the eye of your guests and makes your home more inviting.
Although there are no set rules for decorating a home, following these basic guidelines will help you choose the perfect wall decor.
Choose by size, style, color or theme. The options are limitless.
- 1 1. Tip You Need to Choose the Perfect Wall Decor
- 2 2. The Selection of Wall Artworks by Their Sizes
- 3 3. There Are a Few General Sizing Rules to Consider:
- 4 4. Selecting Wall Art by Style
- 5 5. The Selection of Your Wall Decorations According to Their Colors
- 6 6. A Good Wall Decoration Will Define Your Home
1. Tip You Need to Choose the Perfect Wall Decor
The first piece of advice everyone should receive when choosing the perfect wall art is: choose what appeals to you first and foremost!
If you see something that doesn’t give you emotions or a sense of pleasure while shopping, then don’t hang it on your wall.
It’s about your home, your design, and the money you spend on your wall art.
While it’s common for family members to compromise in their selections, that definitely doesn’t mean you need decor that doesn’t match your style. An amazing chanel framed wall art maybe?
You live in your house, so take advantage of the rooms you have to decorate your walls.
2. The Selection of Wall Artworks by Their Sizes
When it comes to wall art, the task becomes difficult if you don’t have specifics when it comes to size.
Shop for wall art with a size in mind that will allow you to make a quick selection.
Looking to decorate a room? Many people find it easier to start with the larger rooms and then move on to the smaller ones… As you begin to “dress up” your living space, shopping becomes more accumulated, and there is no doubt that your home will be decorated according to your tastes.
3. There Are a Few General Sizing Rules to Consider:
- Tables should not be longer than your sofa by more than two-thirds.
- Be sure to position your photo frames at least 20 cm above the furniture in your room.
- A small work of art cannot be suitable and hung on a large empty white wall for example. Group the small tables together. (Works by the same artist generally complement each other well.)
- Consider the height of the ceilings when choosing the size of your wall decor. (Make sure it fills the space in length but also in width.)
4. Selecting Wall Art by Style
Decorating your home according to style seems to be the most natural way to choose your paintings.
More than anything, choosing wall art based on style is personal, very personal…
Make your decisions based on what you like after applying specific settings like size or color. You do not know where to start?
First, try to find a wall decoration for each of the following categories:
- Choose tables that match the style of your room, including furniture you already own or items you’ve accumulated along the way.
- Above all, do not hesitate to invest a little more in at least one work of art that is important to you and/or oversized that you would like to own.
- Buying a set, a trio, and even a group of mini frames can also be a great alternative.
- Use alder frames, for example, to showcase your style, whether through matching pieces or not.
- Mix up the materials by adding wooden artwork or a metal sign.
5. The Selection of Your Wall Decorations According to Their Colors
Did you know that in the decorating world, there is a big difference between color palettes in rooms and color palettes in art?
In the field of art, it is easier to use bright colors.
There are two main approaches to selecting your wall art by color.
First, care must be taken to keep and reuse colors already present in the room you want to decorate.
In most cases, sticking to a consistent pattern is cohesive, sophisticated, and complementary. Here are the basics of this approach:
Your most important piece of art should have a background color that matches your wall color.
- Refer to the color wheel when choosing complementary shades.
- Only choose an artwork if that exact shade is already in your room. (Most pieces should be no more than four colors to look harmonious.)
- Avoid bright colors and neon lights, as they don’t always go well with neutral wall colors.
- Make sure the colors of your walls are proportional to their presence in the room. For example, if your room is black and white with red throw pillows, choose black and white wall murals with a hint of red.
- Use mirrors to reflect the art. The reflections make the room appear larger and convey all the emotions of your paintings.
- You can also choose artwork that features bolder tones but still sticks to the same color scheme. The color of your walls does not restrict your palette, but rather serves as the basis for the evolution of your personal style.
6. A Good Wall Decoration Will Define Your Home
The right wall art sets the tone for your living space by keeping it family-friendly and communicating what type of family you are.
Whether you’re focusing on color, size, or a theme, choosing your wall art doesn’t have to be difficult.
You deserve a home that’s comfortable but also matches your sense of style. Have fun choosing your wall art.
Your future is in a cohesive house full of works of art, a certain aesthetic, but above all in your image!